Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Of faeries, past and future hopes


The other day I have done a very difficult photo shoot. It was done during mid day and it brought quite a few challenges.  
Sometimes I have to re-think the ways of expressing myself and this is where I find that the digital workflow is very different. This was a very difficult photo shoot, for many reasons: the very harsh light at 3pm, constantly moving/fidgeting little subjects, unknown location - just to name a few.
Little children are delightful and I love photograph them - it brings me a greater satisfaction when I do a good job, knowing how hard it was following them around and capturing their joy  and their unique sense of wonder.
I didn't think I will be able to pull it off but sometimes you have to work with what you have and forget ideal conditions such as perfect light. However, when it comes to perfect subjects and perfect setting - these little kids and their beautiful home have absolutely exceeded my expectations.
My photos aren't technically perfect but they exude of the childhood happiness that we once knew ourselves, when we had a turn at being the little fairies and elves. I hope you enjoy it and that it brings you happy memories.






















No comments: