Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!
















2015 proved to be big. Not necessarily in a brilliant way. It was wild, frustrating and trying - I am sure I am not the only one feeling that way.
This year, I didn’t want Christmas to be overdone; nor overshadowed by the commercial, consumerism-orientated way it seems to keep going. I didn’t go wild with the presents. I didn’t even make a wish list for myself.  I didn’t listen to Christmas Carols on repeat since November. I did the shopping well in advance and I didn’t have to face the crowds these last few days.
 
Tonight I took a walk in my beloved grasslands. Facing the grasslands, in the last few hours of this Christmas Eve, I felt Peace.
On my right, the Sun said good-bye to the day. On my left, the Full Moon smiling to the one coming.
And everything went quiet during those last moments of flickering light.

I thought of the way this year spined - fast like a carousel, with ups and down. I lost some friends. I gained some really amazing ones.
I lived and laughed. I cried at times, too. I was amazed and - to a few some - I was amazing too.
I kept calm or I lost my plot. It’s just life.
But I am lucky to have the love of my family and the kindness of some very good friends. Some unexpected presents made their way under my tree, reminding me to never forget that I am loved.

There are but few minutes till midnight. Life is good. Merry Christmas to all of my friends in all 4 cardinal points.  Have a great one and however you choose to celebrate it, make sure that it is meaningful in every single way.














No comments: