Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Cast Call

It's been a while since I have drawn human bodies so I think I know what I am going to ask Santa for. Definitely a pocket mannequin is in order, as I am having a hard time with proportions & limbs.
Not long ago, I was having a very interesting conversation with a friend, about cages. Imposed and self- imposed cages, fencing and limits. Real or imaginary. This has given us an idea to illustrate the concept. Here is a sneak peak to one of my ideas - it's still work in progress and it involves faeries, of course. Cast call: anyone willing to pose for me? The shoot should not involve nudity; we can always use ballet leotards.


My 5yo asked me why are they naked. 'Coz I can't draw for dear life and I just couldn't be bothered with pretty dresses, pleats, tutus and the like. This is more of a mood board I am putting together for a concept I have in mind. I am sure the photoshoot will be very different and the final result even more far away from this.
 

What I am trying to say is don't be afraid to experiment. Even when you feel your skills are limited. At the end of the day, your dream is something that keeps you happy. Not the others.

 




No comments: