Sunday, November 09, 2014

Testing Manual Focus on a broken telephoto lens

So what does one do, when your favourite lens decides it lived a long and happy life? Unfortunately my telephoto lens has had it and being a cheap, nonVR Nikkor lens, it would probably cost more to have it repaired than the lens itself :(
 
Replacing it is not an immediate option, so I decided to test it furthermore and see whether it's truly dead.
Well, I managed to make it work on manual mode - not a real option for kangaroos and fast subject I am afraid... And I am not to be trusted with the manual focus either, since I repeatedly refuse to wear my glasses... 


 Anyway, couple of weeks later, many hours of scratching my head and ...a teeny weeny photoshop fiddling, here is what I got.
 













 

No comments: