Monday, May 15, 2006

Why I Love Peru


I love the friendliness of a 5 years old child, welcoming me into her house.


I love the warmth of the farmers, happy that you are visiting their villages.


I love the serenity of a nice, Spring day.






I love how everyone grew fond of their profesorra (teacher), day by day.

I love their dignity.
And then, there is this great culture, with a priceless legacy: Moche, Chimu, Inka…to name just few of these fascinating past civilizations.

I am often thinking of my students, my friends, my other family...Looking back, it seems it was just yesterday, although 2006 has almost gone through its first half.
To understand Peru, better you start by smiling. It is a totally different culture and one must leave home any customs and habits, as well as pre-made judgments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mate,

you´ve got a talent...you gotta be driving yourself to the edge of what you imagine you can do to realise the very best in you..pushing your own frontiers. I detect thats where you are headed by your writing.

The thing i begin to learn..is very few people care if you dont....but
they
start to take notice and stand up and listen to the importance of that
effort when you do.

I am Argentina bound....finally.

be good
Les

Anonymous said...

hey mate,

you´ve got a talent...you gotta be driving yourself to the edge of what you imagine you can do to realise the very best in you..pushing your own frontiers. I detect thats where you are headed by your writing.

The thing i begin to learn..is very few people care if you dont....but they start to take notice and stand up and listen to the importance of that effort when you do.

I am Argentina bound....finally.

be good
Les