Friday, October 16, 2015

Flight

 
 
-for Alex -
 
All has been said
And the silence is loud
I'm laying my head
Watching cloud after cloud
 
Tomorrow I will carve a new world.
New words, new songs, new things.
I'll fly towards the sun, unfurled
And I will watch my wings.

Yesterday I lost a friend to suicide. He was a good guy. He was also the loneliest man I have ever met.

I never understood why blokes don't want to talk when they feel down; why they have to play the "tough guy" part even when they fall apart. Is it a general agreement or peers' pressure that feelings usually belong to the ladies? Well I have news. Depression in men is very real. 1 in 8 men will be experiencing it at a point.
If you suspect someone you care about is depressed, talk to them. Ask them if they are ok. It may not mean much to you, but the world to them. it may also save their life.

If you yourself are depressed, please talk to someone. And if you don't want to burden your loved ones with your problems, there is always help at hand. Beyond Blue has lots of resources and it's a very good point to start. Their experienced counsellors will be able to guide you through. You don't have to go through it alone.

No comments: