Monday, December 08, 2014

Carpe Diem















I didn't realise how stressful the holidays preparations can get -  everyone seems to be in such a rush. It seems like we are all running around more and more, buying more, planning more and the true meaning of Christmas gets somewhat lost in the middle of all these elaborate preparations.
So, I took a step back, away from all of it. During my quiet evening walk through the Grasslands, I let my thoughts run free and as always, I find peace. It is amazing how just a few minutes can make such a big difference and how it shifts perspective. 
 
I am always in awe how the place is never the same and how the sounds and colours are rapidly changing. I am also grateful for having this Little Paradise on my backyard. Literally.
 
I have always loved birds; maybe because of their freedom spirit - who knows. But I  find them very hard to photograph  - firstly because I don't have a decent telephoto lens and because they always take me by surprise. But I could sit and watch them for hours and hours, fleeting around the grasslands. To be entirely truthful, I was rather hoping for a couple of good kangaroos shots, as this is the hour when they become a bit more active. Instead, I found myself following the birds and imagining the complex mechanism that makes them flying.
 








No comments: